Rayburn 499GMX - Hartlepool

Looking for a service engineer for your area? This is the place to ask.

Rayburn 499GMX - Hartlepool

Postby hopeful01 on Sat Feb 06, 2010 11:10 am

Hi Trying to locate a service engineer willing to work in Hartlepool who has experience of the Rayburn Heatranger 499GMX. I understand this is now an obsolete model and only about 200 where ever made.
hopeful01

Re: Rayburn 499GMX - Hartlepool

Postby Yorksaga on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:45 pm

I am from Leeds so there would be a bit of extra cost for the trip, but if you want I would do it. Phone number is 0113 2794148. What is the nature of the problem?
Yorksaga

Re: Rayburn 499GMX - Hartlepool

Postby hopeful01 on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:51 pm

Thanks for replying Yorksaga.

My service guy is comming round to adjust the flame probe on the boiler burner tomorrow so I will see how things go and get back to you. He has experience of industrial boilers and is good with this one most of the time until we gat a more technical problem.

Current problem: Rayburn was serviced on Thursday and the guy could not start either burner when he put it back together (no fan/nothing but timer on control panel was live). My wife tried to start the rayburn later on Thursday and managed to get it started but with boiler burner issues. Being electrically qualified myself I reviewed the wiring schematic included in the installation instructions and believe such a fault is propbably caused by a bad earth/neutral connection to the control box. I will check this out tomorrow when the thing is in bits.

Boiler burner does not fire at the end of the start up sequence and locks out. It took me half an hour to get it going this morning by continually reseting the lock out (I know I am not supposed to do this). Anyway it eventially started up and has been operating under normal control ever since. However I know it will lockout at some point during the day - it may start up first time but will probably be out for at least 5 lockouts. Cooker is OK.

Normal problem: Burners normally work for long periods of time without issue but either of them can lock out at any time. Having lived with this unit for 10 years of more I have noticed a few patterns to this. It is more likely to lock out when its cold outside or raining or windy. Also both burners are likely to fail if both of them try to start at the same time. In nearly all of these cases the burners will start when the lock out is reset.

I believe if the control box allowed 3 for attempted starts before lockout then nearly all of these would not have occurred. I realise there may be safety reasons for the one failure lockout.

Do you have experience of this burner and are you aga trained?
hopeful01

new...

Postby Sally.S on Sun May 01, 2011 3:17 am

i just can say that this is totally new for me, but thanks...
regards,
sally
Sally.S

Return to Service Engineers Wanted